Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Wed January 2, 2013
"No Way Out: A Story of Valor in the Mountains of Afghanistan"
In a remote, enemy-held valley in Afghanistan, a Special Forces team planned to scale a steep mountain to surprise and capture a terrorist leader. But before they found the target, the target found them…
The team was caught in a deadly ambush that not only threatened their lives, but the entire mission. With total disregard for their own safety, they tended to their wounded and kept fighting to stay alive.
Based on dozens of interviews with those who were there, the book No Way Out: A Story of Valor in the Mountains of Afghanistan is a compelling narrative of an epic battle that not only tested the soldiers’ mettle but serves as a cautionary tale.
Mitch Weiss is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative journalist for the Associated Press. He currently works for the AP on investigative projects. Kevin Maurer has covered special operations forces for eight years. He has been embedded with the U.S. Special Forces in Afghanistan six times in the last five years. He is the co-author of the 2012 bestseller No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden.