Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
New England News
Sat September 21, 2013
North Adams Man Charged With Murder Of 84-Year-Old Woman
A 41-year-old North Adams man has been charged with murder in the death of an elderly woman found slain in her home.
Berkshire District Attorney David Capeless said Friday night that David Delratez was arrested on murder and car theft charges in the death of 84-year-old Ellen DePaoli.
Delratez was arrested Thursday in Bennington, Vt., driving DePaoli's car. He appeared in court there Friday on a Massachusetts fugitive warrant for probation violation in a prior assault. He agreed to come back to Massachusetts and was formally charged with DePaoli's death on his return.
Delratez is held without bail and will be arraigned Monday in district court in North Adams. It was not known Friday night if he has an attorney.
DePaoli was found dead in her North Adams home Tuesday night.
Authorities haven't released a cause of death.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.