Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New England News
Thu December 4, 2008
North Adams Unions and Mayor Lock Horns Over Insurance
By Charlie Deitz
North Adams, Ma – Labor unions and the mayor's office are at a stalemate in North Adams over switching to a new health insurance provider. Union leaders want the city to adopt the Group Insurance Commission, or GIC, the same plan state employees are currently enrolled with. December first was the deadline for the mayor to sign on, but he refused. In response, union members showed up at the city hall to protest the mayor's reluctance. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Charlie Deitz reports .