Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed August 4, 2004
Northeast Fish Have Highest Levels of Mercury in US
By Kelly Wilkinson
Washington, DC – New data from the Environmental Protection Agency shows that freshwater fish samples taken across the country all had some percentage of mercury in their tissue. But no region in the United States saw mercury levels as high as in the Northeast. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has this report.