Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Mon April 2, 2012
Northeast Report – Glen Johnson of Boston.com
Former Massachusetts treasurer Timothy Cahill has been indicted on public corruption charges related to advertisements promoting the state lottery that ran during his unsuccessful campaign for governor in 2010.
Attorney General Martha Coakley said today that Cahill orchestrated the advertising campaign promoting the benefits of the lottery, using taxpayer funds, to unlawfully boost his own campaign for governor. WAMC’s Brian Shields spoke with Glen Johnson, politics editor at Boston.com, on today’s indictment.