Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Mon April 2, 2012
Northeast Report – Glen Johnson of Boston.com
Former Massachusetts treasurer Timothy Cahill has been indicted on public corruption charges related to advertisements promoting the state lottery that ran during his unsuccessful campaign for governor in 2010.
Attorney General Martha Coakley said today that Cahill orchestrated the advertising campaign promoting the benefits of the lottery, using taxpayer funds, to unlawfully boost his own campaign for governor. WAMC’s Brian Shields spoke with Glen Johnson, politics editor at Boston.com, on today’s indictment.