Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Wed March 30, 2005
Northeast States Sue EPA
By Eesha Williams
Northampton, MA – New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut and five other states sued the federal government yesterday. The states are challenging new rules they say do not protect children and pregnant women from dangers posed by mercury emissions from power plants. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Eesha Williams has more.