Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed March 30, 2005
Northeast States Sue EPA
By Eesha Williams
Northampton, MA – New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut and five other states sued the federal government yesterday. The states are challenging new rules they say do not protect children and pregnant women from dangers posed by mercury emissions from power plants. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Eesha Williams has more.