Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Wed March 30, 2005
Northeast States Sue EPA
By Eesha Williams
Northampton, MA – New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut and five other states sued the federal government yesterday. The states are challenging new rules they say do not protect children and pregnant women from dangers posed by mercury emissions from power plants. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Eesha Williams has more.