Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Sun November 25, 2012
Northern New England Occupy Groups Join Walmart Protests
Occupy protesters in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont joined others across the nation in Black Friday pickets at Walmart stores.
In New Hampshire, groups demonstrated in Somersworth, Manchester, Derry, Salem and other locations to take issue with wages, benefits and treatment of employees of the world's largest retailer.
In Ellsworth, one of the Maine communities where protesters appeared, about 15 activists near the city's Walmart Supercenter held signs with slogans such as "Support the strike!" and "Boycott Black Friday!"
In Williston, Vt., Walmart shoppers were greeted by about 20 protesters Friday morning. Police relocated the protesters off of the Wal-Mart property.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.