Most Active Stories
- Steven Pinker's Writing Guide
- NY's New Medical Marijuana Law Carries A "Wait"
- WAMC’s Alan Chartock In Conversation with Malcolm Nance, International Terrorism Expert
- Global Foundries Deal With IBM Could Attract Additional Businesses
- WAMC's Alan Chartock In Conversation with Ned Sullivan, President of Scenic Hudson
New York News
Wed November 21, 2012
Northern NY City Deploys Hi Tech Tourism Technology
The city of Plattsburgh is deploying high technology information kiosks to enhance tourism opportunities in the city
City officials announced Wednesday that a network of walk-up touchscreen kiosks will be installed in the city.
The PlattInfo screens will provide information in English and French on restaurants, shopping, venues, events and points of interest in the city.
Mayor Don Kasprzak says Plattsburgh is one of the first cities to use such technology and it will be made available on the internet and mobile devices.
Funding for the system is through a grant from the NYS Division of Home and Community Renewal.