Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Wed November 21, 2012
Northern NY City Deploys Hi Tech Tourism Technology
The city of Plattsburgh is deploying high technology information kiosks to enhance tourism opportunities in the city
City officials announced Wednesday that a network of walk-up touchscreen kiosks will be installed in the city.
The PlattInfo screens will provide information in English and French on restaurants, shopping, venues, events and points of interest in the city.
Mayor Don Kasprzak says Plattsburgh is one of the first cities to use such technology and it will be made available on the internet and mobile devices.
Funding for the system is through a grant from the NYS Division of Home and Community Renewal.