Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Arts & Culture
Fri February 1, 2013
Nothnagel, WAMC's resident quizzer, appears on 'Ask Me Another'
WAMC's resident quizzer Mike Nothnagel normally spends his Fridays asking questions on the quiz segment Any Questions?, heard during Northeast Report around 6:25 p.m. This week, he's pulling double duty.
Nothnagel recently recorded a guest appearance on the NPR program Ask Me Another after qualifying on a practice quiz. He competed in a word game on the actual show, taped in Brooklyn.
"It's hard enough trying to answer trivia questions knowing you're being recorded for national broadcast, and having Jonathan Coulton staring at you doesn't make it any easier," Nothnagel said. "I'm slowly developing my public radio quiz resume: first as the resident quizzer on Any Questions? and now as a contestant on Ask Me Another. If this pattern continues, Peter Sagal should start getting worried."
A math professor at the Culinary Institute of America, Nothnagel constructs crosswords for The New York Times, Games Magazine, Facebook, and other outlets.