Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Hudson Valley News
Thu February 21, 2013
NPS proposes increased fees at park sites
HYDE PARK – The National Park Service is seeking public comment on its proposal to raise the entrance fees at The Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site, Top Cottage, (FDR’s retreat), The Eleanor Roosevelt National Historic Site, and Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site and to begin charging for a Farm Lane tram tour.
The proposal to raise fees allows for a structure that contributes to capital improvements, deferred maintenance and visitor programs.
A public meeting will be held on March 12 from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Henry A. Wallace Center on Router 9 in Hyde Park.