Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed July 7, 2004
NRC To Address Public on Spent Fuel Storage
By Allison Dunne
Buchanan, NY – The top nuclear regulator is coming to Indian Point territory next week. Nuclear Regulatory Commission staff members will be in Westchester County one week from tomorrow to speak with the public about plans to store spent nuclear fuel from Indian Point's two plants in a so-called dry cask storage system. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.