Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Wed July 7, 2004
NRC To Address Public on Spent Fuel Storage
By Allison Dunne
Buchanan, NY – The top nuclear regulator is coming to Indian Point territory next week. Nuclear Regulatory Commission staff members will be in Westchester County one week from tomorrow to speak with the public about plans to store spent nuclear fuel from Indian Point's two plants in a so-called dry cask storage system. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.