Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed July 7, 2004
NRC To Address Public on Spent Fuel Storage
By Allison Dunne
Buchanan, NY – The top nuclear regulator is coming to Indian Point territory next week. Nuclear Regulatory Commission staff members will be in Westchester County one week from tomorrow to speak with the public about plans to store spent nuclear fuel from Indian Point's two plants in a so-called dry cask storage system. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.