Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Thu November 6, 2003
Nuke Plant Safety Questioned
By Pat Bradley
Brattleboro, VT – A nuclear watchdog group is calling on Governor Douglas to order an independent safety assessment at the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant. Meanwhile, the state agency that represents utility consumers has agreed to endorse a proposed boost in the power output of the nuclear plant. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.