Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu November 6, 2003
Nuke Plant Safety Questioned
By Pat Bradley
Brattleboro, VT – A nuclear watchdog group is calling on Governor Douglas to order an independent safety assessment at the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant. Meanwhile, the state agency that represents utility consumers has agreed to endorse a proposed boost in the power output of the nuclear plant. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.