Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New England News
Tue March 7, 2006
Nuke Power Upgrade Pauses, Vibrations or Not?
By Pat Bradley
Vernon, VT – The Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant has begun the process of increasing its power output by twenty percent. It reached 105 percent and stopped on Sunday. Nuclear opponents say an evaluation indicating vibrations forced the hold, but plant officials say it's part of the plan to gradually increase power, and what's being evaluated are acoustic frequencies in the steam lines. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.