Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Tue March 7, 2006
Nuke Power Upgrade Pauses, Vibrations or Not?
By Pat Bradley
Vernon, VT – The Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant has begun the process of increasing its power output by twenty percent. It reached 105 percent and stopped on Sunday. Nuclear opponents say an evaluation indicating vibrations forced the hold, but plant officials say it's part of the plan to gradually increase power, and what's being evaluated are acoustic frequencies in the steam lines. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.