Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New England News
Tue March 7, 2006
Nuke Power Upgrade Pauses, Vibrations or Not?
By Pat Bradley
Vernon, VT – The Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant has begun the process of increasing its power output by twenty percent. It reached 105 percent and stopped on Sunday. Nuclear opponents say an evaluation indicating vibrations forced the hold, but plant officials say it's part of the plan to gradually increase power, and what's being evaluated are acoustic frequencies in the steam lines. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.