Most Active Stories
- NY's New Medical Marijuana Law Carries A "Wait"
- Albany Firefighters Public Appeal: Save Ladder 1
- WAMC’s Alan Chartock In Conversation with Malcolm Nance, International Terrorism Expert
- NY Governor Has A Plan To Revitalize Stewart Airport
- North Adams Council Approves Hospital Resolution; Similar Effort On Hold In Williamstown
WAMC New York News
Tue May 16, 2006
Nurse contract negotiations at impasse
By Jessica Bloustein
Schenectady, NY – Negotiations between the New York State Nurses Association and a Capital Region hospital are bogged down, leaving nurses protesting and hospital administration frustrated. In the face of a nationwide nursing shortage, union-administration impasses like these are happening all over the state. WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.