Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue May 16, 2006
Nurse contract negotiations at impasse
By Jessica Bloustein
Schenectady, NY – Negotiations between the New York State Nurses Association and a Capital Region hospital are bogged down, leaving nurses protesting and hospital administration frustrated. In the face of a nationwide nursing shortage, union-administration impasses like these are happening all over the state. WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.