Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Tue May 16, 2006
Nurse contract negotiations at impasse
By Jessica Bloustein
Schenectady, NY – Negotiations between the New York State Nurses Association and a Capital Region hospital are bogged down, leaving nurses protesting and hospital administration frustrated. In the face of a nationwide nursing shortage, union-administration impasses like these are happening all over the state. WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.