Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue May 16, 2006
Nurse contract negotiations at impasse
By Jessica Bloustein
Schenectady, NY – Negotiations between the New York State Nurses Association and a Capital Region hospital are bogged down, leaving nurses protesting and hospital administration frustrated. In the face of a nationwide nursing shortage, union-administration impasses like these are happening all over the state. WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.