Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New York News
Thu August 16, 2012
Nurses Charged With Stealing Drugs
Two nurses working at the C-V-P-H Medical Center in Plattsburgh have been arrested and charged with forging prescriptions and stealing drugs.
NYS Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has charged licensed practical nurse Ann Witt with stealing and forging prescriptions to obtain hydrocodone and xanax from various pharmacies.
Wendy Therrian, also a licensed practical nurse, was charged with falsifying business records and computer tampering in order to steal oxycodone.
Schneiderman attributed the new Internet System for Tracking Over Prescribing, or I-Stop system, recently implemented in NYS as a key tool in making the arrests.
Both Therrian and Witt have pleaded not guilty.