Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
New York News
Thu August 16, 2012
Nurses Charged With Stealing Drugs
Two nurses working at the C-V-P-H Medical Center in Plattsburgh have been arrested and charged with forging prescriptions and stealing drugs.
NYS Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has charged licensed practical nurse Ann Witt with stealing and forging prescriptions to obtain hydrocodone and xanax from various pharmacies.
Wendy Therrian, also a licensed practical nurse, was charged with falsifying business records and computer tampering in order to steal oxycodone.
Schneiderman attributed the new Internet System for Tracking Over Prescribing, or I-Stop system, recently implemented in NYS as a key tool in making the arrests.
Both Therrian and Witt have pleaded not guilty.