Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
North Country News
Thu June 14, 2012
Nurses at VT’s Largest Hospital Dislike Offer
Unionized nurses at Vermont's largest hospital say they don't like Fletcher Allen Health Care's latest contract offer. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
The main dispute between the nurses at the Burlington hospital and the administration is over staffing levels and shift schedules.
The hospital wants to save money by having nurses work flexible schedules, but the nurses say the hospital's proposals will lead to inadequate staffing and unsafe conditions for patients.
Hospital spokesman Mike Noble says officials are asking people to work smarter, not necessarily harder, so we can have a more efficient and effective health care system.
But Mari Cordes of the Vermont Federation of Nurses and Health Professionals tells WCAX-TV that could lead to full-time nurses having to come in after they've already worked a significant number of hours.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.