Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
New England News
Thu September 27, 2012
Nurses,Hospital Representatives To Talk With Strike Looming
With a one day strike looming, talks are to resume Thursday between unionized nurses and a western Massachusetts hospital. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
The Massachusetts Nurses Association and Baystate Health will take another stab at coming to terms on a new contract for more than 200 registered nurses at Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield. It will be the 27th bargaining session of the current negotiations. The unresolved issues include wages, healthcare benefits and work rules. The union has declared a one day strike on Friday October 5th to protest what it alleges are unfair labor practices by management.