Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
New York News
Wed May 1, 2013
NY AG Launches New Animal Protection Initiative
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman announced the formation of a new Animal Protection Initiative. Schneiderman aims to shut down criminal animal fighting rings, ensure compliance with New York State's Pet Lemon Law, charge those who abuse or neglect animals, and crack down on the abuses of so-called “puppy mills” in order to protect the welfare of the animals being sold and the consumers they are sold to. The Initiative is comprised of Investigators and Assistant Attorneys General across the entire state. Schneiderman says it will employ civil and criminal remedies to target allegations of animal cruelty and unscrupulous sales of pets and other animals.