Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed March 31, 2004
NY AG Spitzer Doles Out Low Grades to HMOs
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – New York's Attorney General Eliot Spitzer has given out low grades to HMOs that operate in the state. In fact, one-half of health plans in the attorney general's report, failed. The report shows that health plans in the state are not disclosing required information that could help consumers obtain coverage for medically necessary treatments. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.