Most Active Stories
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Federal Prosecutor Details Charges Against Assembly Speaker, As Assembly Democrats Close Ranks
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- Karen Hitchcock: Is College-Completion Enough?
New York News
Mon August 11, 2014
NY Agency To Revise Plans For New Adirondack Lands
The Department of Environmental Conservation says it's revising its proposed recreation plans for new state land in the Newcomb area of the central Adirondacks in response to public comments.
The agency released the management plan for the Essex Chain Lakes complex in Hamilton and Essex counties in June. A plan for a snowmobile trail through the lands to connect Indian Lake, Newcomb and Minerva was to be considered separately.
Many of those who submitted public comments said the snowmobile trail should be addressed in the Essex Chain plan. DEC Commissioner Joe Martens said in a news release that the snowmobile trail and other issues would be addressed in a revised plan to be released this fall.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.