Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Hudson Valley News
Tue September 10, 2013
NY Airport Receives Funding For Improvements
An airport in the Hudson Valley will see some upgrades thanks to federal funding.
U.S. Senators from New York Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand announced the more than $63,000 in funding for Sullivan County International Airport in the Town of Bethel. The money will be used to upgrade airport drainage in the terminal area and Runway 33 safety area. Both Schumer and Gillibrand say the improvements will pave the way for economic development in the region via better flight service for residents and business travelers. The funding is allocated through the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration’s Airport Improvement Program.
New York News