Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu September 9, 2004
NY and CT sue EPA Over Stormwater Runoff
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – New York and Connecticut are suing the Environmental Protection Agency in an effort to force the agency to set national standards on polluted water run-off from construction sites. The federal lawsuit says the EPA has failed to follow a requirement under the Clean Water Act to set guidelines for discharge of industrial pollutants at construction and land-development sites. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.