Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Fri June 21, 2013
NY Assembly OKs Women's Rights, Abortion Bill
New York's Democrat-led Assembly has approved bills including an abortion rights provision that has roiled Albany.
But Senate Republicans refused to allow the abortion measure to the floor in that chamber.
The Senate plans to adopt the nine other women's rights initiatives in the 10-point package pushed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
The nine items combat discrimination against women in the workplace and strengthen human trafficking laws.
Those could be sent back to the Assembly today after Senate passage and voted into law.
The full package was approved by the Assembly in a 97-to-47 vote.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.