Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Capital District News
Tue September 25, 2012
NY Assembly Reprimands Worker Blogging for Silver
New York's Assembly majority says it has reprimanded a lower level worker who blogged in support of Speaker Sheldon Silver during a sexual harassment scandal.
Silver spokesman Michael Whyland says the worker was formally reprimanded and lost his internet access. Whyland says all Assembly employees are being reminded they can't use state time and equipment for political purposes.
The Assembly majority says Silver didn't know of the blogging and does not condone it.
The New York Post reported Monday that Bill Eggler was one the bloggers writing under the name "Sophia Walker" who defended Silver. A phone listing could not be found for Eggler.
Silver approved a $103,000 settlement using public money to end harassment claims against DemocraticAssemblyman Vito Lopez in June. It was kept secret under a confidentiality agreement Silver said the accusers requested.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press