Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New York News
Tue March 19, 2013
NY budget to include $9 min wage
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders reached a tentative deal last night increasing the state minimum wage over the next three years to $9-an-hour.
The Daily News reports that under the emerging agreement, the current $7.25 hourly minimum wage would increase in stages — to $8-an-hour in January; to $8.75 at the beginning of 2015; and topping off at $9-an-hour by the end of 2015. Meanwhile, Calling it a ploy by politicians in Albany, critics are blasting a proposal to extend a temporary income tax hike for millionaires.