Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New York News
Tue March 19, 2013
NY budget to include $9 min wage
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders reached a tentative deal last night increasing the state minimum wage over the next three years to $9-an-hour.
The Daily News reports that under the emerging agreement, the current $7.25 hourly minimum wage would increase in stages — to $8-an-hour in January; to $8.75 at the beginning of 2015; and topping off at $9-an-hour by the end of 2015. Meanwhile, Calling it a ploy by politicians in Albany, critics are blasting a proposal to extend a temporary income tax hike for millionaires.