Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New York News
Fri March 29, 2013
NY Budget Passes
New York State lawmakers were finished work on the state budget Thursday evening, completing the spending plan three days before the deadline.
The Assembly held a marathon day of voting to wrap up work on the budget , after the State Senate finished up in a midnight session earlier.
Debate on the floor included criticism from both Democrats and Republicans, over $90 million dollars in cuts to providers of services for the developmentally disabled. Lawmakers have set up a task force to try to mitigate the cuts.