Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Tue June 1, 2004
NY Businesses and Homes Alerted About Asbestos
By Allison Dunne
Syracuse, NY – More than 1,500 companies and individuals across New York State are on the receiving end of mail from the U.S. Attorney's Office. The letter says they could be victims of illegal asbestos abatement and testing by an Albany company, and urges them to immediately have their places re-examined for asbestos. Several state and county offices are among the potential victims. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.