Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
WAMC New York News
Tue June 1, 2004
NY Businesses and Homes Alerted About Asbestos
By Allison Dunne
Syracuse, NY – More than 1,500 companies and individuals across New York State are on the receiving end of mail from the U.S. Attorney's Office. The letter says they could be victims of illegal asbestos abatement and testing by an Albany company, and urges them to immediately have their places re-examined for asbestos. Several state and county offices are among the potential victims. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.