Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
WAMC New York News
Wed March 15, 2006
NY citizens challenge DEC brownfield regulations
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – New Yorkers are getting the opportunity to voice their opinions on a proposed set of revamped regulations to govern the cleanup of brownfield and superfund sites in New York State. The State Department of Environmental Conservation held the last of three public hearings today to collect concerns and answer questions.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.