Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Hudson Valley News
Fri February 8, 2013
NY closes I-84 to truck traffic between PA and CT
NEWBURGH, N.Y. (AP) — New York has closed Interstate 84 to truck traffic between Pennsylvania and Connecticut because of the snow storm pelting the northeast.
All commercial vehicles, including trucks over 26,000 pounds, tractors, tractor trailers and buses will not be permitted on the 70-mile stretch of highway until further notice.
Police say all motorists should drive with caution and avoid unnecessary travel. Up to 2 feet of snow is expected in some parts of New York by the time the storm winds down Saturday.
Check conditions by calling the state's free 511 information system or on the web at www.511NY.org
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.