Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Fri May 11, 2012
NY Commission Recommends Removal of Justice
The New York Commission on Judicial Conduct has recommended a town justice from Rensselaer County be taken off the bench for her involvement in two ticket-fixing cases. WAMC's Dave Lucas has details…
According to the commission, East Greenbush Town Justice Diane Schilling improperly intervened in the disposition of a speeding ticket given to the wife of another town judge in 2009. Four years earlier, the commission said Thursday, she returned her own speeding ticket to a state trooper who said he would void it.
A spokesman for the state Office of Court Administration, where Schilling as a lawyer has been advising town justices, says she has resigned that post.
She can appeal the commission's finding to the New York Court of Appeals.
A call to her lawyer was not immediately returned.
Dave Lucas, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.