Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New York News
Fri May 11, 2012
NY Commission Recommends Removal of Justice
The New York Commission on Judicial Conduct has recommended a town justice from Rensselaer County be taken off the bench for her involvement in two ticket-fixing cases. WAMC's Dave Lucas has details…
According to the commission, East Greenbush Town Justice Diane Schilling improperly intervened in the disposition of a speeding ticket given to the wife of another town judge in 2009. Four years earlier, the commission said Thursday, she returned her own speeding ticket to a state trooper who said he would void it.
A spokesman for the state Office of Court Administration, where Schilling as a lawyer has been advising town justices, says she has resigned that post.
She can appeal the commission's finding to the New York Court of Appeals.
A call to her lawyer was not immediately returned.
Dave Lucas, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.