Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New York News
Fri May 11, 2012
NY Commission Recommends Removal of Justice
The New York Commission on Judicial Conduct has recommended a town justice from Rensselaer County be taken off the bench for her involvement in two ticket-fixing cases. WAMC's Dave Lucas has details…
According to the commission, East Greenbush Town Justice Diane Schilling improperly intervened in the disposition of a speeding ticket given to the wife of another town judge in 2009. Four years earlier, the commission said Thursday, she returned her own speeding ticket to a state trooper who said he would void it.
A spokesman for the state Office of Court Administration, where Schilling as a lawyer has been advising town justices, says she has resigned that post.
She can appeal the commission's finding to the New York Court of Appeals.
A call to her lawyer was not immediately returned.
Dave Lucas, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.