Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Fri May 11, 2012
NY Commission Recommends Removal of Justice
The New York Commission on Judicial Conduct has recommended a town justice from Rensselaer County be taken off the bench for her involvement in two ticket-fixing cases. WAMC's Dave Lucas has details…
According to the commission, East Greenbush Town Justice Diane Schilling improperly intervened in the disposition of a speeding ticket given to the wife of another town judge in 2009. Four years earlier, the commission said Thursday, she returned her own speeding ticket to a state trooper who said he would void it.
A spokesman for the state Office of Court Administration, where Schilling as a lawyer has been advising town justices, says she has resigned that post.
She can appeal the commission's finding to the New York Court of Appeals.
A call to her lawyer was not immediately returned.
Dave Lucas, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.