Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Mon April 8, 2013
NY comptroller to talk about local fiscal stress
New York state Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli will talk about the intense fiscal pressures many local governments are enduring.
DiNapoli is delivering the keynote address Monday at a symposium in Albany on the fiscal problems facing local governments. The event is hosted by the Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government.
DiNapoli has advocated an early warning monitoring system that would identify municipalities and school districts experiencing budgetary strain. The comptroller says that would allow corrective actions to be taken before crises develop.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press.