Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
Hudson Valley News
Wed April 24, 2013
NY Congressman Forms Watershed Advisory Group
A Congressman from New York is behind a newly-formed advisory group. The goal is to reach common ground on issues relating to the New York City Watershed.
Republican Congressman Chris Gibson announced Wednesday the formation of a Watershed Advisory Group. Gibson’s 19th relatively newly-drawn congressional district now encompasses all of the upstate, or West of the Hudson River, portion of the New York City Department of Environmental Conservation watershed. He says he continuously hears from those in his district about watershed management issues and invites input from residents, state and local officials, farmers, and others, to strike a balance between providing clean water for New York City and allowing local communities to flourish. The advisory group will be led by Gibson’s District Director, Steve Bulger, along with Co-Chair Bob Illjes, an Ulster County resident.