Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Northeast Energy Direct Pipeline Route Moves North
Hudson Valley News
Tue February 25, 2014
NY Congressman Gibson Receives An Endorsement
A congressman from New York’s Hudson Valley has received an endorsement.
The Independence Party of New York State is once again throwing its support behind Republican Congressman Chris Gibson. The Independence Party endorsed Gibson in the 2012 election, when Gibson defeated Ulster County Democrat Julian Schreibman. In making Monday’s announcement, Independence Party Chairman Frank MacKay said the endorsement recognizes Gibson’s efforts to build bipartisan consensus on important issues. In September, well-heeled Democrat Sean Eldridge, founder of Kingston-based Hudson River Ventures, announced a run against Gibson. Gibson called the repeat endorsement an honor. An Eldridge spokesman declined to comment. Gibson, who resides in Columbia County, represents the 19th congressional district, which includes all or portions of eleven counties.
New York News