Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed October 13, 2004
NY Congresswoman Introduces Legislation to Protect Abused Children
By Hank Gross
Middletown, NY – Congresswoman Sue Kelly has introduced legislation that would establish a national central register of child abuse or neglect cases and enable state and local child protective services to better prevent abused or neglected children from being placed in the care of abusers. WAMC's Hank Gross has more.