Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed October 13, 2004
NY Congresswoman Introduces Legislation to Protect Abused Children
By Hank Gross
Middletown, NY – Congresswoman Sue Kelly has introduced legislation that would establish a national central register of child abuse or neglect cases and enable state and local child protective services to better prevent abused or neglected children from being placed in the care of abusers. WAMC's Hank Gross has more.