Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New York News
Fri November 29, 2013
NY Conressman Paul Tonko: Republicans Face Political Fallout
New York Congressman Paul Tonko, a Democrat representing the Capital Region, says his Republican colleagues could face political fallout if the bumpy rollout of the Affordable Care Act gives way to a successful program in the long term. Tonko spoke on WAMC’s Congressional Corner program.
"Well, I think the political risks in their approach are tremendous. They have approached this in a way to discredit, dismantle and hopefully repeal. And I think that they go at it from that angle because they know if it is given a chance to run and run appropriately, it could be the greatest thing since sliced bread," said Tonko.