Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Hudson Valley News
Mon November 12, 2012
NY crash kills 2; Jeep jumped rail between lanes
State police say two people are dead after a Jeep Wrangler jumped a guard rail and crashed into an Audi in the oncoming lane of Route 17 in Orange County. WAMC’s Dave Lucas has details.
Troopers say 29-year-old Julian Hermosillo of Chester lost control of his Jeep shortly after 8:30 p.m. Sunday and crossed over the rail. He collided with an Audi driven by Vincent Avanzato of Oneonta. Avanzato was hospitalized in critical condition on Monday.
Hermosillo was declared dead at the scene. A backseat passenger in the Audi, 90-year-old Giuseppa Avanzato of Oneonta, died later at a hospital. Two other passengers were treated and released. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.