Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
North Country News
Fri March 1, 2013
NY Deputy Secretary of State Discusses Economic Issues
Members of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s cabinet have been traveling across New York to discuss the state budget with local officials. During a visit in Plattsburgh, Deputy Secretary of State Dede Scozzafava spoke about state economic issues.
Dede Scozzafava says the budget process is ongoing with the state legislature and it appears New York is on track for an on time and balanced budget.
On Wednesday the New York state Assembly Speaker and the Assembly Ways and Means Committee Chair released the Assembly Majority’s annual revenue and economic reports.