Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Wed April 20, 2005
NY DOS Denies SLC Permits
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – New York's Secretary of State has denied St. Lawrence Cement officials the necessary permits to build their proposed Greenport plant in Columbia County. In the 20-page ruling, reasons for saying no to the proposal include that the large size of the project would be out of scale with the surrounding area, and that it would hinder Hudson riverfront revitalization efforts. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has this report.