Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed April 20, 2005
NY DOS Denies SLC Permits
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – New York's Secretary of State has denied St. Lawrence Cement officials the necessary permits to build their proposed Greenport plant in Columbia County. In the 20-page ruling, reasons for saying no to the proposal include that the large size of the project would be out of scale with the surrounding area, and that it would hinder Hudson riverfront revitalization efforts. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has this report.