Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed April 20, 2005
NY DOS Denies SLC Permits
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – New York's Secretary of State has denied St. Lawrence Cement officials the necessary permits to build their proposed Greenport plant in Columbia County. In the 20-page ruling, reasons for saying no to the proposal include that the large size of the project would be out of scale with the surrounding area, and that it would hinder Hudson riverfront revitalization efforts. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has this report.