Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Tue November 5, 2013
NY Elections Board Addresses Ballot Concerns
The New York City Board of Elections has made several steps to address concerns that some voters may have trouble with the small font size used for the general election ballots.
The Board says it will be posting enlarged poster-sized ballots at each polling site Tuesday so voters can familiarize themselves with the information before casting their vote.
The Board is also encouraging voters to view sample ballots on their website www.nyc.pollsitelocator.com. On the website, voters can locate their poll site, and view and enlarge the ballot font and print.
In addition to a paper ballot, voters can use a Ballot Marking Device, where voters can see the ballot on a screen and enlarge the text. They can even listen to the ballot read through headphones.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.