Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
New York News
Tue November 5, 2013
NY Elections Board Addresses Ballot Concerns
The New York City Board of Elections has made several steps to address concerns that some voters may have trouble with the small font size used for the general election ballots.
The Board says it will be posting enlarged poster-sized ballots at each polling site Tuesday so voters can familiarize themselves with the information before casting their vote.
The Board is also encouraging voters to view sample ballots on their website www.nyc.pollsitelocator.com. On the website, voters can locate their poll site, and view and enlarge the ballot font and print.
In addition to a paper ballot, voters can use a Ballot Marking Device, where voters can see the ballot on a screen and enlarge the text. They can even listen to the ballot read through headphones.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.