Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Tue July 30, 2013
NY Ethics Board Set To Accept Member Resignation
The New York State ethics board is set to accept the resignation of a commissioner appointed by Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, who recently was criticized in a board report about sexual harassment.
Patrick J. Bulgero's resignation will be effective today. He gave no reason for resigning from the Joint Commission on Public Ethics after serving during its rocky two-year start.
That tenure includes an investigation this year critical of Silver for crafting a secret $103,000 settlement to end a group of sexual harassment accusations against Assemblyman Vito Lopez, a Brooklyn Democrat.
Lopez denied harassing anyone. He is running for New York City Council.
Silver has ordered a new, transparent way to handle sexual harassment complaints. This month he fired a longtime attorney who didn't report accusations from four years ago.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.