Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New York News
Tue July 30, 2013
NY Ethics Board Set To Accept Member Resignation
The New York State ethics board is set to accept the resignation of a commissioner appointed by Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, who recently was criticized in a board report about sexual harassment.
Patrick J. Bulgero's resignation will be effective today. He gave no reason for resigning from the Joint Commission on Public Ethics after serving during its rocky two-year start.
That tenure includes an investigation this year critical of Silver for crafting a secret $103,000 settlement to end a group of sexual harassment accusations against Assemblyman Vito Lopez, a Brooklyn Democrat.
Lopez denied harassing anyone. He is running for New York City Council.
Silver has ordered a new, transparent way to handle sexual harassment complaints. This month he fired a longtime attorney who didn't report accusations from four years ago.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.