Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
New York News
Mon September 16, 2013
NY Farm Products To Be Highlighted In DC Event
New York's wines, beers, spirits, seafood and farm-fresh foods will be featured in a promotional event on Capitol Hill this week to remind national leaders that New York is a big-time agricultural state.
Since its inaugural launch in 2002, New York Farm Day has become one of the most popular events on Capitol Hill, with attendance normally exceeding 700 guests.
It's being held this year on Tuesday evening, hosted by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand in the elegant Senate Kennedy Caucus Room. Attendees will include many other senators, the New York Congressional delegation, administration agricultural specialists and members of the Washington media.
The event is organized by the New York Wine & Grape Foundation. Sponsors include the state Farm Bureau, New York Apple Association and the state's Restaurant Association.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.