Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Mon September 16, 2013
NY Farm Products To Be Highlighted In DC Event
New York's wines, beers, spirits, seafood and farm-fresh foods will be featured in a promotional event on Capitol Hill this week to remind national leaders that New York is a big-time agricultural state.
Since its inaugural launch in 2002, New York Farm Day has become one of the most popular events on Capitol Hill, with attendance normally exceeding 700 guests.
It's being held this year on Tuesday evening, hosted by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand in the elegant Senate Kennedy Caucus Room. Attendees will include many other senators, the New York Congressional delegation, administration agricultural specialists and members of the Washington media.
The event is organized by the New York Wine & Grape Foundation. Sponsors include the state Farm Bureau, New York Apple Association and the state's Restaurant Association.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.