Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New York News
Fri May 24, 2013
NY Gov: Fracking Decision To Come Before Election
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo says he'll make a decision on whether to allow shale gas fracking before the 2014 election.
Cuomo says he's waiting for his state health commissioner, Dr. Nirav Shah, to report on his own health review. The Democratic governor told the editorial board at the Post-Standard in Syracuse on Wednesday that he had expected Shah's review to be finished by now, but it should be done in the next several weeks.
He made similar remarks in February.
Development has been on hold since the Department of Environmental Conservation began an environmental impact study of horizontal drilling and high-volume hydraulic fracturing in 2008.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.