Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
New York News
Tue December 18, 2012
NY groups want details on fracking health study
Representatives of a dozen prominent organizations signed a letter sent Tuesday to Health Commissioner Nirav Shah and Environmental Conservation Commissioner Joseph Martens. They asked them to make public the health impact study being evaluated by a scientific panel. They also called for public hearings in potentially affected areas and a 60-day public comment period on the health study.
A DEC spokeswoman referred questions to the health department, which didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
DEC did the health study as part of an environmental impact review of shale gas development which is expected to be completed within a few months.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.