Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
New York News
Tue December 18, 2012
NY groups want details on fracking health study
Representatives of a dozen prominent organizations signed a letter sent Tuesday to Health Commissioner Nirav Shah and Environmental Conservation Commissioner Joseph Martens. They asked them to make public the health impact study being evaluated by a scientific panel. They also called for public hearings in potentially affected areas and a 60-day public comment period on the health study.
A DEC spokeswoman referred questions to the health department, which didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
DEC did the health study as part of an environmental impact review of shale gas development which is expected to be completed within a few months.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.