Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Capital Region News
Fri January 25, 2013
NY, gun show operator agree on monitoring rules
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York authorities and a major gun show operator have worked out new rules to make sure weapon sales are properly tracked and done safely.
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman says Friday the "Model Gun Show Procedures" will be in place for this weekend's show at the Empire State Plaza Convention Center in Albany.
That show is run by the New York State Arms Collectors Association Inc., which also puts on the Syracuse Gun Show at the state fairgrounds in April.
The development of the Model Procedures grew out of the A-G’s 2011 investigation of gun shows around the state. This investigation uncovered the frequent occurrence of private sales without background checks.
The Model Procedures go beyond the requirements of the state’s Gun Show Law, including a process that ensures all guns brought into the gun show by private sellers are tagged so that, upon exiting, the operator can determine if guns were sold and that a proper background check was performed.
The rules also limit the number of entrance doors to improve monitoring.
- © 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
North Country News