Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed October 6, 2004
NY Health Officials Assess Impact of Flu Shot Shortage
By Allison Dunne
Poughkeepsie, NY – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have prioritized who should be vaccinated with the flu shot this season. The move comes after U.S. health officials learned yesterday that the nation's flu vaccine supply will be cut in half for this season because one of two producers of flu vaccines for the U.S. cannot release its share. In New York, state and county health officials are figuring out how they will be affected. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.