Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Tue January 24, 2006
NY horseracing's future discussed
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – The future of one of the country's premier racetracks at Saratoga is hanging in the balance, with the troubled New York State Racing Association's franchise expiring at the end of 2007. Before another organization can sign on for the franchise, the state must set guidelines-guidelines that the city of Saratoga Springs and the county of Saratoga want to play a part in creating.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein attended a hearing today of a state-appointed Ad Hoc committee on the Future of Racing at the state Capitol.