Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Fri October 19, 2012
NY Jobless Rate Dipped to 8.9% in September
State labor department officials say New York gained about 2,900 private sector jobs in September and the state's unemployment rate dropped two-tenths of a point to 8.9 percent. WAMC's Dave Lucas reports.
Officials say the job count in the state stood at 7,337,000 -- the most ever.
The department says 107,200 private sector jobs have been added so far this year and 352,500 since 2009.
The number of people unemployed dropped 23,200 to 848,400 last month.
© 2012 Associated Press