Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri July 18, 2003
NY Judge Gives the Go-Ahead for Casinos
By Allison Dunne
Monticello, NY – A New York State Supreme Court Justice has paved the way for casinos in the Catskills. New York State Supreme Court Justice Joseph Teresi yesterday upheld a state law allowing the governor to enter into casino gaming compacts with Indian tribes. Gambling opponents will appeal the decision. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.