Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Wed October 27, 2004
NY Lawmakers Seek Reform - Pt. 1
By Karen Dewitt
Albany, NY – The 2004 legislative session ended with the latest budget in state history, as state Senators and Assemblymembers failed to meet the deadline for the 20th year in a row. Lawmakers also were unable
to answer a court order to reform school funding, and ethical scandals plagued the legislature. Now, as all members of the Senate and Assembly face re-election, reform is the number one issue in campaigns. Karen DeWitt takes a look at who's advocating change, and what shape possible reforms may take.