Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Wed October 27, 2004
NY Lawmakers Seek Reform - Pt. 1
By Karen Dewitt
Albany, NY – The 2004 legislative session ended with the latest budget in state history, as state Senators and Assemblymembers failed to meet the deadline for the 20th year in a row. Lawmakers also were unable
to answer a court order to reform school funding, and ethical scandals plagued the legislature. Now, as all members of the Senate and Assembly face re-election, reform is the number one issue in campaigns. Karen DeWitt takes a look at who's advocating change, and what shape possible reforms may take.