Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Wed March 1, 2006
NY lawmakers take on identity theft
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – The New York State Assembly is tackling identity theft again this year. Legislation unveiled Wednesday includes establishing a toll free hotline and Web site for victims of identity theft as well as renewing the call for protecting the social security numbers of state workers.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.